Thursday, April 14, 2011

WOWZA

For a few months now, Brian and I have been throwing around the idea of purchasing a cabin.  After we took our house off the market, we realized just how much money we would be losing to actually sell in this ridiculous market.  But the idea of lakeshore living still nagged at us.  It was something we didn't want to give up.  So the thought of a cabin began to surface on our radar.  It was an idea that was incredibly intriguing at the very least.

If you would have asked me 6 months ago if I wanted to own a cabin I would have laughed at you and come up with 100 different reasons as to why that was a really stupid idea.  For starters, first off all, we are really busy.  I mean, really busy, all of the time.  2nd of all, cabins are really far away!  I hate driving so far for just a weekend.  3rd, my business requires my time on the weekends.  4th cabins are a lot of work and money.  Those are just a few reasons.

With some time, the idea of a cabin really started to grow on me.  I have very fond memories from my time at our cabin as a child.  And by cabin, I mean a tiny trailer at a campground.  We didn't care it was tiny.  We spent all of our time by the lake, on the boat and having fires at night.  If it was rainy, we played cards as a family for hours.  It was awesome and I truly enjoyed it.  I really want those memories for our little family.  I want my kids to grow up going to the cabin, bringing friends up there, playing cards on rainy days and just being together as a family. 

At ECFE last week we discussed the best way we can foster great relationships among our children in adulthood.  It's a really deep question that has many facets and no number one right answer.  But research shows that creating fun times and great memories as a family is the number one factor in creating great adult relationship amongst siblings.  I really believe it's true.  I think the more fun and family oriented activities we can create for our kids today, will not only instill friendships and lifelong relationships with these munchkins, but will also help impart our morals and values in their core beings. 

I know this got very deep, especially for a Thursday evening but I'm so consumed with this process I needed to share with the world (or the 20 some readers I have here).  I am really excited about this and hope that our 2nd showing tomorrow goes well.  I am hoping we can put an offer in on this and be in before summertime.  I want these good times to start rolling as soon as possible.  If we make a purchase, look out for an Evite to an awesome housewarming party come this summer!  Everyone's invited to christen our lake home!

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean by 'christen', haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! We would love to come up to your new cabin when you get it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know about this blog. I am following you know on here and twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! What floats your boat?